Each summer DukeEngage relies on the involvement of graduate students and young professionals to support our faculty-led programs.
The Site Coordinator is a key member and front-line administrator of each DukeEngage program, reporting jointly to their faculty site director and to DukeEngage. Responsibilities include on-site residence as well as day, evening, and night commitments throughout the week. Site Coordinators are on call 24/7 and may not hold other employment or enroll in courses while the DukeEngage site is in operation.
The Site Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to mentor program participants; support the program’s director(s); serve as a liaison between students, DukeEngage staff, and community partners; and coordinate work, cultural enrichment, and reflection activities in consultation with program directors. The Site Coordinator is also responsible for managing program finances and logistics, and preparing periodic reports for program directors and DukeEngage.
Site Coordinator Applications for summer 2021 will be available in late fall.
What Site Coordinators are responsible for:
- Participant Welfare
- Student Development and Community Building
- Support and Enforcement of Community Standards
- Operations and Financial Management
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Eligibility or authorization to work in the United States
- Eligibility for hire as an exempt employee of Duke University
- Driver’s license valid if applicable to specific DukeEngage program
- Documentation of a safe driving record
- Proof of health insurance coverage for entire period of employment with DukeEngage
- Specific knowledge of and experience living, studying or working in region where the DukeEngage program is located
- Three years of post-college work experience or education/training
Preferred work experience
- Advising and counseling college students or other adolescents
- Volunteer management
- Event planning
Additional requirements for DukeEngage programs that involve international travel:
- Passport with an expiration date no earlier than six months after end of DukeEngage program
- Ability to meet visa requirements of host country
DukeEngage provides round-trip transportation and covers program-related expenses (including room & board). Salary details will be provided during site coordinator interviews.