Join Our Summer Staff as a Site Coordinator
Each summer, DukeEngage relies on the involvement of graduate students and young professionals to help coordinate logistics in many of our DukeEngage group programs. We have just finished recruiting site coordinators for summer 2017.
The DukeEngage Site Coordinator Application 2017 is now closed, but we’ve included a preview of the 2017 application and a detailed job description below so interested future candidates can review them. Please note that the online application is the first step in the hiring process and must be completed first by any prospective candidates.
Site Coordinator Overview
The Site Coordinator is a key member and front-line administrator of each DukeEngage site. The Site Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to mentor program participants; support faculty/staff site leader(s); serve as the liaison between students, DukeEngage staff, and community partners; and coordinate service, social, cultural enrichment, and recreational activities and reflection sessions in consultation with program participants. The Site Coordinator is also responsible for managing program finances, working with vendors providing goods and services for the DukeEngage site, gathering program data, and preparing periodic reports for program directors and the director of DukeEngage or his designate. Responsibilities will include on-site residence, day, evening, and night commitments throughout the week; Site Coordinators may not hold other employment or enroll in courses while the DukeEngage site is in operation.
What Site Coordinators are responsible for:
- Participant Welfare
- Community Building
- Support and Enforcement of Community Standards
- Operations and Financial Management
What we look for in Site Coordinators:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- Eligibility or authorization to work in the United States
- Eligibility for hire as an exempt employee of Duke University
- Driver’s license valid at site of specific DukeEngage program
- Documentation of a safe driving record
- Proof of health insurance coverage for entire period of employment with DukeEngage
- Specific knowledge of and experience living, studying or working in region where DukeEngage program is located
- Advising and counseling college students or other adolescents
- Volunteer management
- Event planning experience
Additional requirements for DukeEngage programs that involve international travel:
- Passport with an expiration date no earlier than six months after end of DukeEngage program
- Ability to meet visa requirements of host country
- Fluency in at least one local language or dialect
Please see PDF below for full job description and details.