DukeEngage maintains its service commitment to communities across the U.S.
During the summer of 2012, DukeEngage participants in the U.S. were...
• Working with New Orleans-based public health agencies to address community needs
• Serving with non-profits in Portland focused on environmental management
• Partnering with organizations spanning various service sectors in Seattle to help address community needs in collaboration with Duke alumni
• Volunteering with community service organizations in the Tucson area which focus on immigration issues
• Launching a civic engagement program through work with Rock the Vote in Washington, D.C. and helping to implement voter registration programs through community outreach.
• Addressing literacy in Appalachian communities in North Carolina through the Spring Creek literacy program